Luleå Travel is a travel agency and tour operator located in Luleå - Swedish Lapland. We offer attractive winter and summer programs presenting the highlights of Swedish Lapland: a magical, pristine landscape where you can steer sledges pulled by willing huskies, travel with snow shoes through forests, kayak in the Bothinan Gulf between the skerries of Luleå archipelago, and sleep in a hotel carved from ice or in a wooden nest high up in a three. We aim to reach deep into the vast Arctic expanse; during winter when the area is illuminated by one of the world's most incredible natural phenomena, the Northern Lights, and in summer by the never-setting Arctic midnight sun. Read more about our trips and activities at LuleaTravel.com.
Luleå Travel is now looking for two Nature Guides, located in Luleå.
Your main tasks will be:
- Guide our guest(s) by foot or snow shoes among ancient forests, while presenting information about its natural history.
- Entertain our guest(s) with stories about Swedish Lapland during a Swedish fika or nature lunch.
- Guide and entertain our guest(s) by car while seeking the best vantage spot for the Northern Lights.
- Advise our guest(s) in nature photography, especially during the Northern Light Tours.
- Provide entertaining stories around the open fire.
We seek an individual that:
- Loves the outdoors and is a natural storyteller.
- Knows how to boil coffee and create a cosy atmosphere.
- Has an excellent understanding of Swedish Lapland's natural history and holds a true passion for Scandinavian nature and culture.
- Has a minimum of two years' experience in nature tourism.
- Has an interest in nature and wildlife photography.
- Possesses a class B driving licence.
We offer you:
- Flexible working hours depending on your availability.
- Possibilities to shape your own tours.
- Competitive salary.
- A working environment wherein hospitality, quality and genuineness are the core values driving the way we run Luleå Travel.
Interested or do you have questions? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or give Cecilia a call at +46706201901. Our recruiting process is open with tours starting early November 2018.