Are you a scientist with Biomarker Discovery experience? Would you like to be part of a company where absolutely everyone can thrive?
To further strengthen our expertise and capacity we are currently recruiting a world-class scientist. Do you want to join our team?
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Our RIA Target & Translational Science (TTS) department is an agile environment with a science focused culture. Our mission is to understand disease mechanisms at the molecular level, identify the most effective target and the right patient population and close the gap between bench science and bedside clinical practice.
One of our key aspects is development of biomarkers to drive patient segmentation, demonstrate target engagement, guide dose selection and bridge to clinical outcome. As Biomarker Scientist, you are accountable for discovery of respiratory precision and target engagement biomarkers and their development and validation.
* Be responsible for design, execution, interpretation and reporting of biomarker studies
* Take an expert role for development of technologies to enable the respiratory biomarker discovery platform
* Invent and discover novel biomarkers
* Dedicatedly exploit available omics-initiatives
* Validate knowledge extracted from big omics-datasets through robust biomarker analysis in human tissue
* Use experimental medicine (MeMo studies) to identify and validate biomarkers and support recall by genotype clinical study designs
* Drive innovation in Biomarker Discovery through internal scientific development and external collaborations
* Make AZ scientifically visible by publishing scientific papers and presenting data at conferences
This is a role that requires a strong scientific background as well as excellent technical skills. You need outstanding team working skills and a history of successful collaborations. Furthermore, you are expected to have a deep understanding of the drug discovery and development process from lead identification through clinical trials
* PhD within relevant field
* Proven experimental drive and background in basic science related to respiratory research
* Technical expertise in specific biomarker discovery and analysis platform including genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, epigenomics, lipidomics, NGS, mass spec etc.
* Experience and deep understanding of respiratory disease biology including understanding of molecular pathways and mechanisms
* Experience and knowledge of the biological basis for patient segmentation
* Familiar with biomarker invention and implementation
* Good networking and interpersonal skills
* Track record of delivering state-of-the-art biomarkers to projects in discovery and/or development setting
* Strong publication record
* Understanding of relevant technologies and methods along with scientific laboratory skills
* Post-doc experience
* Experience in pharmaceutical R&D
If you are interested, apply now!
For more information about the position please contact Katerina Pardali,
Welcome with your application no later than February 28th, 2018.
Information about life in Gothenburg visit www.movetogothenburg.com
Respiratory is one of AstraZeneca's main therapy areas. Our aim is to transform asthma and COPD treatment through inhaled combinations at the core of care, biologics for the unmet needs of specific patient populations, and scientific advancements in disease modification.
Our Respiratory research is mainly carried out at the dynamic AstraZeneca Research site in Gothenburg, Sweden. However, collaboration is a way of life for us. Extensive collaboration with our AstraZeneca colleagues in Cambridge UK, the MedImmune research units in Gaithersburg and Cambridge, as well as numerous academic institutions and partners around the globe gives us access to a worldwide network of expertise and innovation.
Our external collaborators expand both academic and biotech organisations including Imperial College London, Pieris, Bicycle Therapeutics, Ethris and many more. We seek to be flexible, responsive, open and honest and look for people, companies and investigators who share our collaborative spirit and high scientific standards.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country where the role is advertised.